Simplicity is making the journey of this life with just baggage enough. ~ Charles Dudley Warner
Friday the 13ths....…a day doomed with negativity.
II was determined to make it a day full of positive moments....to enjoy the simple joys in life. What did I experience when I allowed myself to look through these lenses?
- The excitement in my 8 year old eyes as she prepared to go outside this morning to shovel snow…this wasn’t a job to her…it was a unique fun opportunity!
- A tradition in my home is to make “snowball” cookies on the first snow…a few of these delights were were a wonderful treat with my coffee this morning.
- It is always a positive start to my day when I get an e-mail from my bank that my paycheck was deposited…not that I ever have any doubt about it…but it does give me a sigh of relief.
- A wonderful fun conversation on my way to work with one of the most upbeat positive person I know.
- A note from a friend I haven’t heard from in several months…it is always nice to pick up right where we left off.
- Big fluffy snow flurries outside my window all day...not that messy stuff but snowflakes that make you want to curl up on the couch under a blanket with hot chocolate and a book.
What are you missing each day that can allow you to enjoy the "simpler joys in life?"