I am personally involved in this fight as a way to honor the memory of my husband, father, mother and sister – all of whom lost their battle with cancer at a young age. I am raising my three children and have seen firsthand the impact cancer has had on their lives. I believe in the message of hope LIVESTRONG provides and participate in these events in the hope that my efforts will help other families and children have a lifetime of memories together.
in 2011, I decided to kick it up a notch and created the RunningSTRONG for HopeSTRONG. I will participate in one half or full marathon each month with a goal of raising $15,000. This endeavor will require me to conduct training year-round throughout the Central Illinois area. campaign to benefit LIVESTRONG.
In addition to asking for friends and family to support my efforts, I am hoping you will consider being one of my RunningSTRONG for Hope’s sponsors this year. By sponsoring my efforts, you will be supporting those fighting cancer and helping find a cure for this terrible disease, while receiving great exposure in the Central Illinois area.
Please join me in showing support for thousands of cancer survivors across the globe affected by this deadly disease. Your donation supports my participation in numerous cancer-related events and twelve months of half/full marathons held throughout the U.S. this year in their honor.
Information about me:
- I am a widow due to cancer stealing my husband at age 38, raising our 3 children – ages 17, 14 & 8
- I lost my mother as a child, my father 7 years ago and a sister 8 years ago - all due to cancer
- Raised more than $35,000 for LIVESTRONG over the past 3 years only on donations from family and friends
- Biked & ran in 5 LIVESTRONG Challenges, 3 LIVESTRONG Triathlon Relay teams & 2 Chicago Marathons all to benefit LIVESTRONG
- Selected as the 2011 and 2012 Chicago Marathon LIVESTRONG Mentor for up to 200 Team LIVESTRONG participants
- Completed my 2011 goal to run a half or full marathon each month in 2011 (December 2010 - Las Vegas, January - Milwaukee Indoor IceBreaker Half, February - TBD, March - Honda LA Marathon, April - Illinois Half, May - Pittsburgh Half, June - North Shore Half (Highland Park, IL), July - Milwaukee Summerfest Half, August - Hood to Coast & Philly LIVESTRONG Challenge, September - Quad Cities Half, October - Libertyville, IL Half and Austin LIVESTRONG Challenge, November - NYC Marathon,
- My blog about my experience at http://runningstrongforhope.blogspot.com has received close to 15,000 hits
· All Sponsors will have their name or logo displayed on my training shirt which will be worn throughout the year in local gyms and while training in Central Illinois.
· Additional features based upon sponsorship level (see below)
Platinum Sponsor: $2,500 - Sponsor logo will be the prominent logo on the back of the race shirt, training shirt and blog
Gold Sponsor: $1,000 – Larger sponsor logo on the race shirt, training shirt, mention and link to website on blog
Silver Sponsor: $500 – Sponsor name on race shirt, training shirt, mention and link to website on blog
Bronze Sponsor: $300 - Sponsor name on training shirt
In-Kind Gifts: RunningStrong for Hope will gratefully accept products and gift cards from your business. These items will be used for fundraising. Donor sponsor level will be based upon the value of the donation.
Please select and indicate your sponsorship preference(s) above and e-mail your company logo to email@example.com. Your sponsorship(s) fee should be made payable to my on-line LIVESTRONG fundraising page at the link below:
RunningSTRONG for Hope fundraising page
If you prefer to pay by check, please indicate this on your e-mail and I will provide specific mailing instructions.