Tuesday, September 20, 2011

A Day of Dispair that Didn't Turn into Days of Dispair

"In everyone's life, at some time, our inner fire goes out. It is then burst into flame by an encounter with another human being. We should all be thankful for those people who rekindle the inner spirit." 

Yesterday was a rough day.
I have no idea why.

The day started well.

And nothing went wrong.
 
No bad encounters with other human beings.
 
No issues with kids.
 
No problems with my car.
 
No complaints or issues at work.
 
But.......
 
as time ticked on throughout the day,
 
a cloud of doom started forming in my mind.
 
Sadness started to sneak in.
 
Boredom and unhappiness with my life drifted in.
 
Feelings of my life wasting away seeped in.
 
Dispair of loneliness crept in.
 
Slowly....very slowly....so slowly I didn't realize it until I was home from work.
 
I escaped from the kids for a few moments....in the nick of time....and burst into uncontrollable tears.
 
But then I reached out.

I sent a note to a friend and posted a tweet.

Within moments I had notes back from my LIVESTRONG family friends.

Lifting my spirits.

Inspiring me.

Rekindling my inner spirit.

Reminding me to LIVESTRONG.

And off to the gym I dragged myself.

And I kicked that sadness' butt.....but only after after my "inner spirit rekindled" by friends....some I've never met before but we have a common bond with LIVESTRONG.

I chalk yesterday up to another day that cancer tried beating me down.....those feelings would never have existed if Brian, Mom, Dad and my sister were still here with me.

GO TO HELL CANCER!  

I have a lot of cancer hating ass kicker friends that LIVESTRONG......

And we will NOT let you impact our lives ANYMORE!

No comments:

Post a Comment