Friday, April 1, 2011

Make Me an April Fool!

That got your attention, now didn't it.  "Make a fool of Barb?  How do I sign up for that?"  Sounds pretty enticing, huh?  Read on....

As you are all aware if you have been following this blog, I am running a half marathon or full marathon each month this year to raise funds and awareness for LIVESTRONG.  My goal is a minimum of $10,000 and my stretch goal is $15,000.

To date, together we have raised just over $5,000 (although my fundraising site only shows $4,700 at this time, there are funds en-route that I am aware of).  At my halfway point already....woo whoo!!

So, on to more important matters....how do we go about making a fool of Barb?

My next race is on April 30th....the Illinois Half.  Which will be attended by A LOT of local runners.....a lot of people that know me.....so what a better time and place to make a fool of myself?

Here's the deal:
  • If I raise $6,000 by race day, I will wear a race outfit chosen by one of my donors
  • Which donor?
    • Those that donate $50 between now and April 20th will be entered into a drawing.  The donor selected from that drawing will have the honors of selecting my outfit.
    • If you make a $100 donation, you receive two entries, $150 = 3 entries, etc.
  • How do you participate?
    • Make an online donation using the link below.  I'll receive an e-mail notifying me of your donation.  Please be sure to include your e-mail when you make the donation so I can notify you when you win!  Oh, and let me know if you want me to dedicate my run to anyone you've lost to cancer, a survivor or someone currently battling this awful disease.
    • http://run.livestrong.org/teamls2011/barbarasimmons
  • Are there any stipulations to the outfit?
    • Why of course.  Remember I am representing LIVESTRONG and my RunningStrong for Hope so please chose an outfit that is not inappropriate.  But, those that know me well, know I'm pretty game for almost anything.  
OH, and the first $50 donation that is made today (April 1st) will be matched by me....and that donor will get two entries to the drawing.....so if you REALLY want to make a fool of me, be quick!

If we surpass $6,000, I'll be sweetening the pot.....but more to come on that! 

Please share this with anyone you know that hates cancer and wants to kick it's ass!

Any suggestions on what I should wear?  Please post a comment if you have one!

LIVESTRONG!

No comments:

Post a Comment