Thursday, October 13, 2011

T-0....LIVESTRONG Challenge Weekend is Here!

Today is the day.

No more countdowns.


My bike has been shipped, my bags are packed. instructions for the grandparents on the kitchen counter, all kid activities coordinated.

Yep, I'm outta here.

Boarding a jet plane headed south.  Destination - Austin, TX.


Getting my LIVESTRONG fix.

Can't wait to be surrounded by the best support group ever - my LIVESTRONG family.  Those that "get it"....although I'm sure we all understand that cancer sucks....these folks understand the impact it has on everyday life.  They come out of the woodwork to give me virtual hugs via Facebook posts, texts, phone calls, tweets. Somehow they know when it's a bad day....even when sometimes I don't.

This is my 3rd year attending the Austin LIVESTRONG Challenge...and 3rd year qualifying for the Ride for the Roses Weekend.  A weekend of events for the top LIVESTRONG fundraisers.  I am certainly not the top - there are those that raise $30,000 and above on a routine basis.  But, what I love about my $11,000 raised is I do so without a fundraising event.  This is from friends, family and strangers reaching into their pockets to make $100, $50, $20, $10 donations because they all hate cancer and want to support myself and an outstanding organization.

I couldn't have done this without all of you!  Thanks to all of you for your support!

So looking forward to experiencing this weekend.  I'll be running a 5K and riding further than I've ever ridden before - 65 miles in Texas Hill Country.

This one's for Brian, my parents, my sister and all those we've lost to cancer.  And I'll have Brian along with me for the ride -


Be on the lookout for a post weekend update.  

Thanks again for all your support!

No comments:

Post a Comment