Monday, December 26, 2011

Generosity

Generosity is often hidden most of the year - unfortunately.  Perhaps we are just too busy to notice it throughout the non-holiday season.

I hope that I haven't overlooked any gestures of generosity towards me....and if I have, please accept my sincere apologies.  I am so very appreciative of the thoughtfulness others have bestowed upon myself and my children.  We have been the recipients of so many acts of kindness over the years. 

The past three years, you have all been very generous with your wallets - helping me raise close to $35,000 for an organization that has been very generous to me - LIVESTRONG.

This morning after receiving a gift from my children of uninterrupted sleeping in (thank you!), the Facebook airwaves were filled with notifications of a very generous bit of news.   An anonymous donor has offered to match EVERY LIVESTRONG  donation until the end of 2011, up to $100,000.

Wow!

This is my opportunity to give back to an organization that has provided so much hope to my family....that has helped me to survive some very awful periods of depression and sadness due to the lack of generosity cancer provided me when stealing loved ones from me.....the sense of community this organization has created and I have been lucky to be a part of.....the list goes on and on....the programs LIVESTRONG supports for those fighting cancer, those having won their battle, and those grieving
 - LIVESTRONG at the Y, Camp Kesem, the LIVESTRONG Navigation Center....the list goes on and on.
Check out more information on how LIVESTRONG provides support and uses our donations  http://livestrong.org/What-We-Do/Our-Actions/Programs-Partnerships

I am making a donation today.....and hope you will join me so we can take advantage of a stranger's generosity...and in turn, our generosity will allow LIVESTRONG to continue their generosity to those needing support during a difficult time in their lives.

Please join me  by making a donation using the link below:

Have your donation MATCHED today!

A heartfelt THANK YOU to all of you for your generosity to me, your support, your kind words and gestures this year as I have encountered ups and downs.   

No comments:

Post a Comment